Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Starting off on a Journey

The day is almost here. I start my journey to Chile in less than 24 hours! I may or may not be panicking a little bit. I have yet to pack those ever so crucial things like socks and toothpaste. But you know, I'll get there. Hopefully. If not socks aren't really that important right?
Anyway the point of this blog is to detail my adventurous as I study abroad in Valparaiso, Chile. I am excited to learn an entirely new dialect of Spanish, and a little less excited to get to sound like the foreign kid who can only say Si- yes for the first week.
I'm excited to see what this semester can bring. My first goal is to improve my Spanish and perhaps fine tune my knowledge of some of the more delightfully fun grammar points. My guess is this will happen whether I want. I also want to explore the culture beyond the outer layers. For me this involves yes, and not being afraid of new situations. And finally I want to enjoy myself! I have worked hard for the last several years with my dream of studying abroad on the horizon. Now that it's here, I plan on embracing every moment of this. I am especially looking forward to a college semester where I don't have to be at work at 5:30 am (I'm looking at you Rec Sports).
I owe this all to my super supportive family, without them, I would not being able to have this amazing experience. My wonderful friends and boyfriend have cheered me on throughout this whole process and have listened to me and answered numerous questions.So thank you to everyone who has made this happen.
I hope to post on here every week or so until my return to Indiana at the end of July. So keep checking back to hear more about my journey!

1 comment:

  1. As you now know, you can buy anything you need right there in Valpo! Did you end up forgetting anything really important??

    ReplyDelete